Your Best Ideas are Safe and Secure with an Intellectual Property Lawyer
Intellectual property (IP) involves creations of the mind, such as inventions, designs, literary and artistic works, and symbols or images that are used in commerce. These are all protected by law through patents, copyrights and trademarks. Furthermore, such legal protections help creators earn recognition or enjoy financial benefit from their inventions. It’s always wise to consult with our experienced trademark attorneys when developing your brand name, designs and logos. If you have been searching for an intellectual attorney in New Orleans LA, look no further than Quest Business Law. Let us help you protect your original work!
Here at Quest Business Law, one of our specialties is intellectual property law. This is an umbrella term that can oversee the use of a device (which could include a word, phrase, logo, product shape or symbol) by a manufacturer or merchant to identify its goods. In general, our attorneys work with clients on general business counseling, licensing, risk aversion, litigation, copyright and intellectual property prosecution in a multitude of industries.
Benefits of Hiring an Intellectual Property Lawyer
There are many advantages to hiring an intellectual property lawyer in New Orleans LA. For example, our IP lawyers can:
- Help You Draft Important Agreements. These include deeds of assignment or transfer of owners, licensing agreements, and secret clauses for precautionary measures.
- Determine the Value of Your IP. Placing a price on your IP is vital, and your lawyer can do that for you. They will consider costs and requirements, the location and nature of your IP and more.
- Conduct an Assessment of Due Diligence. We will assess the quantity and quality of assets you have to maximize the value of your intangible assets.
- Protect Your Brand. Because intellectual property is the cornerstone of your brand and identifies your company as different from competitors, your lawyer will ensure your brand is strong and lasting.
- Meet Registration Deadlines. As the owner of intellectual property, you must renew the registration within six years, and then every ten years after that. An intellectual property lawyer will make sure your registration remains valid, something that can be missed if you were to handle it yourself.
- Save Cash. Your lawyer can advise you on which aspects of your brand need IP protection and which do not.
As you can see, it’s vital that you develop and protect your brand, which you can do when you partner with an intellectual property lawyer in New Orleans LA.
A Law Firm to Suit Your Needs
As a part of your intellectual property, we handle all variety of fields related to your creative and business endeavors. For example, our legal focuses include:
Contact Quest Business Law
To learn how an intellectual property lawyer in New Orleans LA can help you, contact us today for a free initial consultation.